Monday, August 9, 2010

Hajime!

Hajime! Start!

Welcome to my new blog friends and family alike. I got such rave reviews over my blog from my previous trip to Japan that I have decided to continue the tradition and document my semester abroad.

The details of my stay are such: I will be travelling to Tokyo on August 18th with my Mom and Dad, where we will spend 10 days travelling in the Tokyo to Hiroshima and Kyoto areas before they return home and I end up in Osaka where I will be attending Kansai Gaidai University for that Fall semester. I will return on December 19th.

I will not go into great detail just now on what the first 10 days will be like, but I will update with the whole scoop when I can.

Right now all that is happening is packing and planning. I have to pack for three different things. The things I will need at Kansai that I will not need for the initial trip with my parents, the things I will need for those 10 days, and the things I will need for Buffalo when I return there in the Spring (some planning ahead, as I will not have much time to pack when I get home).

Unfortunate facts, I will be missing several birthdays, most notably Erik's (sorry Erik I'll make it up to you), I will also be missing Thanksgiving, Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur and all of Hannukah (which is early this year, I hear). I know, I know, Sarah! You're gonna be in Japan! Don't complain! I'm not really, it's just facts that I am keeping in mind.

So that is the barest bone details of what my life for the next 5 months are going to be like. The plan is for updates to come once a week or so, but I can't really tell until I get there and live it. I'm sure that there will be a lot of posting the first few weeks and then gradually fewer as life becomes more routine. However, followers of my old blog should feel rest assured that even if the posts become infrequent, they will make up for it with sheer content. I am determined to remember every notable event I can, even if only in passing.

I will also be using a photobucket account to display my photos instead of my old flickr account. Links and information to come later.

There you go, the bold(ish) start to my next new adventure of hopefully many to come. I hope that you manage to get as much out of this record as I will in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment